First we carefully removed the skirting boards and architraves and then stripped the wallpaper from the walls and ceiling of this mid century semi-detached house in Bishopston. We discovered the plasterwork beneath was cracked, pitted and patchy. We re-skimmed and painted the walls and ceiling and then set about renovating the floor. There were some minor patch repairs to do and we filled the gaps between the floorboards with wedge profiled timber slithers. After cutting these back flush to the floor we sanded the boards and then applied 3 full coats of a durable hard wax oil. After re-fitting the skirting boards and architraves we finished off painting the walls and woodwork.